Top 5 Golf grounds from around the world
Golf is a sport that has its origin from decades ago, and it is still popularly played. This game cannot be played in any setting; it requires a specific course to play on. Being a modern game there is also a large number of golf courses around the world- definitely more than a 100.
So here is a list of the top 5 golf courses around the world:
- Pine Valley G.C: This G.C was founded by George Crump, and with the help of a few architects namely H.S.Colt, A.W.Tillinghast, George C.Thomas Jr., Walter Travis, Hugh Wilson transformed the area into a beautiful G.C that deserves to be on the top. Located in Pine Valley, N.J., U.S.A, It spreads over 7,057 yard- Par 70. It has its own unique characteristics from the sandy pine barrens of the South West Jersey. To add to its characteristics, the Pine Valley blends all the three schools of golf design-heroic, penal and strategic making it frequently alluded as one of the most difficult courses in the world
- Cypress Point Club– Located in Pebble Beach, California, U.S.A with the area of 6,542 yards, Par-72 is a beautiful, timeless masterpiece by Dr Alister Mackenzie. This G.C is interlaced through Cypress, the sand dunes and the jagged coastline consisting of a diversity of terrain making it a unique course and a perfect course just the way it is.
- Royal County down G.C: This G.C is located in Newcastle, County Down, Northern Ireland with the area up to 7,186 yards- Par 71. This flat green course has its designs attributed to Old Tom Morris, but over the 120 years, almost of dozen of architecture contributed in refining the course. It is a charming place to golf with the Dundrum Bay to the east sweeping out into the Irish Sea, golden blooms of gorse-covered dunes and heather and The majestic Mountains of Mourne to the South
- Andrews (Old course): This G.C located in St. Andrews, Scotland, United Kingdom spreads over 7,279 yards- Par 72. The game has been played over this course since the 15th Century. Adding to the old course, four more beautiful 18-hole courses, one 9-hole course and also an area to accommodate golfers with all levels of skills. This G.C is challenging because of the wild North Sea dunes.
- Shinnecock Hills G.C.: This sublime G.C is located in Southampton, N.Y., U.S.A with 7.041 yards- Par 70. It is considered to be one of the earliest links in America. The Shinnecock Hills Golf Club was one of the first where the first specially designed golf clubhouses were built. Not just that, the Gold Club is also one of the five founding members of the USGA. The Shinnecock G.C perfectly utilises its outstanding features of the area. The course delivers a variety because of the rolling terrain that the south shore of the Long Island gives, and the winds of the Atlantic Ocean can prove to be quite challenging. Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw Team has made a few changes for the preparation of the 2018 U.S.Open which is to be conducted in this very Shinnecock Hill G.C.